Creating Solos & Embellishing the Melody DVD - Tim May & Dan Miller
Quantity in Stock:60
In this 102 minute (1 hour and 42 minutes) instructional DVD video Tim May and Dan Miller teach you how to find the chord progression and melody to any vocal song or instrumental tune by ear and then they show you how to embellish that melody in order to create your own interesting and tasteful guitar solo.
The techniques covered in Tim and Dan's unique and effective approach include:
- Finding the chords by ear
- Finding the melody by ear
- Playing the melody and adding harmonic and rhythmic content by learning the basic "Carter Style" approach
- Learning how to "supercharge" the Carter style by examining how to subdivide the beat with strumming variations and neighboring single string articulations, adding crosspicking, and using a "toggle note" or drone string.
- Learning how to use straight scale runs to embellish the melody
- Learning how to use "folded scales"
- Learning how to apply the cross picking technique
- Learning how to apply the use of harmonized scales in the form of double-stops and harmonized scale runs
- Learning how to integrate all of the above and embellish all of the above with slides, pull-offs, hammer-ons, slides, and bends
This item is also available for digital download at Flatpick Digital Academy:
Orrin Star's Bluegrass Rhythm Guitar Workshop DVD/tab
Clinch Mountain Guitar DVD / TAB - James Alan shelton
Advanced Bluegrass Rhythm Guitar DVD - Wyatt Rice
Improving Technique DVD - Tim May & Dan Miller
Orrin Star's Flatpicking Guitar Primer DVD
Acoustic Guitar Fundamentals DVD - Tim Stafford
An Approach to Improvisation DVD - Tim May & Dan Miller
Flatpicking Essentials DVD Value Package by Dan Miller and Tim May
Share your knowledge of this product.
Be the first to write a review »
Instructional Material (By Category)
Advertise with Us
Shipping & Deliveries
Returns & Exchanges
Flatpicking Guitar Magazine. All Rights Reserved.